Saturday, June 24, 2006

Saturday Shopping...

Today I went shopping with my friend Melanie and her daughter, Jessica. We went to Gardner Village down in Midvale. It's an old pioneer mill-turned-outdoor shopping-restaurant place. It's rich with pioneer history. The shops are actually old pioneer cabins and the restaurant is in the old mill. They have the best fudge at Sweet Afton's and the best Christmas decorations at well, the Christmas Shoppe. I think the best time to go is in the fall. Not too hot, not too cold, and they have the cutest decorations.

Anyway, I was telling Jessica, 11, about the history behind the mill. About Archibald Gardner, who used to own the mill, and how he had several wives.

She said, "Oh, so he was prejudiced!"

I said, "Uh, no, he was POLYGAMIST."

She said, "Oh, that's what I meant."

You have to know Jessica. She's the smartest little kid I know, but she never ceases to amaze me the funny things that come out of her mouth. I told her I was going to put that little conversation on my blog...she didn't think that was very funny. YOU'RE FAMOUS NOW, JESS! ha ha ha :-)