Saturday, June 03, 2006

From the other site...

I had this published on my old site...just moving it to the new site...

Holiday weekend! Memorial Day... there are a lot of people who don't know what Memorial Day is really for. They think "school's out", "start of summer", or "the day the local pool opens". Memorial Day is to remember those who have fought for everything we as American citizens stand for: life, liberty, and the pursuit of a great purse. (Just kidding - about the purse part!)
So, in order to pay tribute to veterans in my family: Thank You and We Love You to Frank Mullett (10/19/1895 - 6/9/1976), my great-grandfather and veteran of World War I. And also Thank You and We Love You to Wendell Locke (5/23/1925 - 11/28/2005), my husband's grandfather and veteran of World War II. You make us all proud.